Wednesday 23 February 2011

I begin the self publishing journey

This is hopefully going to be an ongoing description of my journey from unpublished author to self published author. I am not a failure. The reason I am choosing the self-publishing route is because I want to retain control of the publishing process and of my own manuscript. I have already had some articles published, and I had a publisher take an interest in a sample chapter of a non-fiction book I sent to be considered.

Getting published is not always easy. But it is getting easier.

But I want this project to be special to me. I want to be able to choose the font, the layout and spacing, to edit the text, to add some pictures perhaps.

I have chosen to self publish with Getting Yourself Published, a local publishing partner. I'll describe here in due course how I am getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment